- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 green apples
- 4 chewy caramel squares
- Lemon wedge
- Ice cream, for serving
- Caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Slice off the top of each apple then use a melon baller (or a teaspoon) to scoop out the core. Using a paring knife, make three circular cuts in the apple. Place the apple cut side-down on a cutting board and slice crosswise.
- Place cut apples in a small baking dish. Fill each apple with two caramel squares then brush melted butter mixture on top. Bake until the apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream and drizzle with caramel.