- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 10-12 oz. chocolate chips or chocolate chopped in small pieces. One option is to use half of semi-sweet and half of milk chocolate
- Line 8 x 8 inch dish with parchment paper, leaving the paper overhang the sides to easily lift it later and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together peanut butter, melted butter, brown sugar vanilla and salt, until sugar dissolve. Next, gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Press the mixture into prepared dish. Smooth the top with spatula or press it with palms to flatten into about ½ inch thick layer.
- Place it in the freezer until firm enough for cutting.
- When the mixture is firm enough, line a tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using Christmas tree cookie cutter cut out the trees and place them on the tray. Place them in the freezer for 45-60 minutes until completely firm.
- Then melt the chocolate and line another tray with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, dip each tree into melted chocolate to cover completely. Gently tap the fork to drip of the excess of chocolate. (Peanut butter mixture softens really fast at the room temperature, so just take a few trees at the time from the freezer, because it’s easier to work with the firm trees!!!) Place chocolate covered Christmas trees on the parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge or freeze for longer storage.
- The size of cookie cutter will determine how many will be made. Use all of the peanut butter mixture as possible, keep reflattening to get more trees.
Find more great recipes with chocolate on the website. https://omgchocolatedesserts.com/reeses-peanut-butter-christmas-trees/