Small coins make a big difference when Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative members join together to fund change in their communities. In fact, $12,126 in second-quarter grants was distributed to 11 local organizations through the co-op’s Operation Round Up program.
Participating members “round up” their monthly electric bills to the next dollar, with the extra pennies being used to help fund community charities and groups.
Since Operation Round Up’s inception in 2010, it has provided more than $429,382 to over 147 organizations in Indiana and Ohio. The most recent recipients include:
- Main Street Van Wert: $1,000
- Lima Symphony Orchestra: $1,000
- Putnam County YMCA: $1,500
- First United Methodist Church (Van Wert) – Operation Back to School: $1,000
- Friends of Paulding County Parks: $1,200
- Hands of Hope Pregnancy Services (Paulding): $1,000
- House of Love Ministries (Paulding): $1,450
- Paulding Soccer Club: $1,000
- Enouf Cats (formerly Nips N Snips) of Paulding County: $1,000
- Van Wert Middle School: $500
- Antwerp Local School: $1,476
A board of trustees, composed of co-op members and separate from the PPEC board, oversees the application process. Organizations can apply for Operation Round Up assistance by contacting Paulding Putnam Electric Co-op at 1-800-686-2357 or visiting www.ppec.coop/operation-round-up.
To view the photos, names, and details about what each grant will purchase, check out PPEC’s Facebook album here.