Paulding Putnam Electric has a Wind Turbine and a Solar Panel System on site, Please feel free to call us and ask any questions pertaining to renewable energies!
*You can also ask for a one-on-one consultation with Energy Advisor, Peter Niagu! Net Metering information is listed below.
Generating Your Own Renewable Energy
If you’d like to install a wind or solar generation system on your property, our team will walk you through the process. We do not sell renewable systems but we can direct you in the correct direction.
How it Works
After you complete your wind or solar system, we’ll install a meter that records how much energy you generate onto the grid.
How You’re Billed
Most members with solar or wind systems still purchase energy from Paulding Putnam Electric each month. But if you generate more electricity than you consume, we’ll buy it from you at wholesale generation rates. This will be monitored on your monthly bill and credited to your bill the following December.
While installation can be expensive, tax credits can help you reduce the cost of your wind or solar system. Learn more from energy.gov
Connecting Your Power Source to the Grid
For more information, call Steve Kahle – 1-800-686-2357.
Forms and Agreements
Generation Less Than 25KW
- Agreement for Electric Service for Net Metering (PDF, 27KB)
- Cogeneration Operational Policy (PDF, 17KB)
- Agreement for Interconnection of a Net Metered QF (PDF, 3,4MB)
Generation Greater Than 25KW
- Cogeneration Rules and Regulations (Greater than 25kW) (PDF, 18KB)
- Agreement for Back-Up and Supplementary Electric Service (PDF, 26KB)
- Buckeye Power Purchase Agreement from QFs (PDF, 74KB)
- Interconnection and Parallel Operation Agreement (Greater than 25 kW) (PDF, 43KB)