Spring is here! Are you ready to do some cleaning to get your home ready for the summer?
Here are some simple tips to get your home looking and feeling fresh
1. To re-fluff your drapes, take them down, run them through an air-fluff cycle in the dryer with a damp towel (to attract the dust) for 15 minutes. Re-hang immediately. Wipe blinds with a damp cloth while the drapes are in the dryer.
2. Dusting is important! Take everything off your shelves, tabletops and dressers. Dust everything. Don’t forget ceiling fans, above kitchen cabinets and baseboards and doorways!
3. Maybe the grossest, but super important… Wash out trash cans. Spray them with a hose and dump out the water. Then, spray the inside with a disinfectant spray, scrub with a handled brush or rag and rinse. Make sure to get all of the gross sticky stuff at the bottom. Leave them upside down to dry.
4. Deep clean your flooring, weather you do it yourself or have your carpets professionally cleaned and wax wooden floors, having it look spotless can really freshen up the look of a room.
5. After sitting on the couch all winter long, it definitely needs some cleaning! Be sure to clean upholstered furniture. Vacuum pillows, as well as underneath the cushions, crumbs like to hide everywhere. Look for stains and clean according to the care label. Who knows maybe you’ll find some spare change!
6.Clean inside the refrigerator, get rid of random leftovers, thoroughly wash it all. The best cleaner is a combination of abrasive salt and bubbly soda water.
7. The faucet can have lots of lime build up, an easy way to clean that is to lay paper towels over the fixture and soak it with vinegar, let set for one hour. The deposits will soften and become easier to remove. (This is will also work for bathroom mildew)
8. Oven’s are great because they self-clean! However be sure to wipe up major spills before setting it to self-clean.
9. When was the last time you cleaned your mattress? You can press firmly with your vacuum. Then, spot-clean stains with upholstery cleaner or mild suds. After spraying, let dry, then sanitize with a disinfectant spray. Be sure to let it have a few minutes to air out before you put the sheets back on. A good thing to keep in mind during this time is to rotate your mattress! It increases it’s life!
10. Save yourself some money on your heating/cooling bill by cleaning your vents. The more they have to blow out because of the dust particles, the more money they cost you. Use a soft brush to keep these spaces clean. Then run the vacuum over them to catch any loose dust.