Electrical safety is an important part of our day-to-day work at Paulding Putnam, and we also provide free safety shows for the public.
Paulding Putnam encourages schools, community groups and businesses to provide the show as a part of their educational activities. The show dramatically emphasizes the dangers posed by high-voltage electric lines, both underground and overhead. Some specific things you’ll learn about include:
- Safety equipment used in the electric utility industry.
- Various electrical voltages and circuits.
- Telephone and cable TV wires and the potential of being energized.
- Effects of current on a human body.
- Backfeed of a circuit.
- Effect of contacting energized electric circuits and other hazards possible with various material and equipment.
- Operation of reclosers and fuses.
- Metering and the problems associated with improper disconnection of metering devices.
We encourage you to call several weeks in advance and to be somewhat flexible on the date in case we have a conflict. To schedule a show, please email our Safety and Compliance Manager Dee Renollet at email@example.com or call our office at 800-686-2357
Teachers: Please feel free to use the video above for educational purposes.