Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative Board of Trustees and CEO
The Paulding Putnam Electric Co-op Board of Trustees consists of nine co-op members who each represent one district within the territory served by PPEC. The democratically elected trustees are responsible for establishing, reviewing, and revising corporate policies to ensure that service to the PPEC membership is foremost in mind while maintaining a stable yet competitive position in the industry by setting rate structures.
- District 1: Joseph Kohnen – Marion, Madison, Monroe, Preble, and Union Townships in Allen and Adams Counties, Indiana (represents 1,066 active members)
- District 2: William Dowler – Van Wert County in Ohio (represents 1,006 active members)
- District 3: Timothy Derck – Carryall, Crane, Benton, and Harrison Townships in Paulding County, Ohio (represents 897 active members)
- District 4: Jay Dangler – Emerald, Jackson, Blue Creek, and Paulding Townships in Paulding County, Ohio; Delaware township in Defiance County, Ohio (represents 943 active members)
- District 5: Steven McMichael – Maumee, Adams, Jefferson, and Jackson Townships in Allen County, Indiana (represents 1,970 active members)
- District 6: Dr. John Saxton – Auglaize, Brown, Latty, and Washington Townships in Paulding County, Ohio; Defiance and Highland Townships in Defiance County, Ohio (represents 1,075 active members)
- District 7: Kenneth Niese – Monroe, Palmer, Liberty, and Greensburg Townships in Putnam County, Ohio (represents 1,412 active members)
- District 8: Adam Schnipke – Perry, Jackson, Monterey, and Jennings Townships in Putnam County, Ohio; Marion Township in Allen County, Ohio (represents 1,197 active members)
- District 9: Dr. Ronald Black -- Sugarcreek, Pleasant, Union, Ottawa, and Riley Townships in Putnam County, Ohio (represents 1,393 active members)
PPEC believes in transparency relating to how our cooperative is run. Below are the meeting highlight PDFs from prior board meetings. The PPEC board of trustees typically meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm.
All board members are required to complete the below Annual Certification form each year at the April board meeting, stating they will abide by the rules of the cooperative.
For members to attend a board meeting, they must comply with policy #B014 and request in advance to make a presentation to the PPEC Board of Trustees under the following conditions outlined in the policy below. Members wanting to attend may print the policy PDF, complete page 3, and return it to the co-op, or may use the online submission form below.
In order to be placed on the meeting agenda, all member requests must include a list of discussion topics and must be received by the President and CEO no later than five (5) business days prior to the regularly scheduled board meeting. (Board meetings are typically held on the third Thursday of the month at 5 pm).
Three of our nine board districts are up for election each year on a rotating cycle. As a democratically run cooperative, each board member is elected by the membership.