Members of Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative recently donated $12,925 to 12 local charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Operation Round Up program.
About 80% of PPEC members round up their electric bill and donate those pennies to this fund, making a huge impact in the co-op’s northwest Ohio and northeast Indiana communities.
Participating members round up their monthly electric bill to the next dollar, with the extra pennies being used to help fund charities and groups in their communities. Each quarter, the funds are dispensed to local causes that applied for funding.
The most recent donation recipients include:
- Antwerp Local School; $1,000 for their positive behavior program.
- Children’s Hunger Alliance; $1,500 for weekend meal boxes for Wayne Trace School students.
- Cornerstone Youth Center, Monroeville, Indiana; $1,500 to replace their building pump.
- First United Methodist Church; $1,000 for Operation Back to School.
- Friends of the Paulding County Parks; $1,000 for portable toilets fees and expenses.
- Lima Symphony Orchestra; $1,000 to send local students to the Young People’s Concert.
- Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House, Fort Wayne, Indiana; $1,500 to cover local family hospital stays.
- Paulding County Economic Development; $700 for start-up costs for a new Young Professionals of Paulding County networking and leadership group.
- Paulding County EMA; $825 for Tempest Weather Systems for 3 communities.
- Paulding Local Schools; $900 for a therapy dog, Luna.
- Vantage Career Center’s Toss a Toy Program; $1,000 to purchase Christmas gifts for local kids and families in need.
- Wayne Trace Local Schools; $1,000 for their positive behavior program.
Photos of each recipient can be found on PPEC’s Facebook page.
Operation Round Up was started in 2010 as a way to give back to PPEC’s communities. Groups in both Ohio and Indiana can apply.
Organizations can apply for Operation Round Up assistance by contacting Paulding Putnam Electric Co-op’s Marketing and Communications Manager Samantha Kuhn at email@example.com or visiting www.ppec.coop/operation-round. If you want to participate by rounding up your monthly bill, call PPEC’s office at 800-686-2357. The average member’s annual donation is about $6.